Our Catlettsburg refinery is in northeastern Kentucky on the western bank of the Big Sandy River, near the confluence with the Ohio River and has a total crude oil refining capacity of 291,000 barrels per calendar day (bpcd).
The Catlettsburg refinery processes sweet and sour crude oils into gasoline, 馏分油, 沥青, 芳烃, heavy fuel oil and propane. bet356 completed construction of a condensate splitter in 2015, increasing the refinery’s capacity to process condensate from the Utica shale region. Pipelines, barges, transport trucks and rail are used to distribute products.
Health, 安全 and Environment
在英国央行货币政策委员会, health and safety of our employees is of paramount concern. We take steps to ensure an accident-free, incident-free workplace no matter where it is. Due to that commitment, we've implemented safety measures and been recognized as a leader in safety.
At the same time, we are committed to minimizing our impact on the environment. 像这样, we are involved in multiple programs, support several organizations and implement various initiatives that aim to protect our environment and the local communities in which we operate.
Below is a list of accolades and accomplishments that we've earned at our Catlettsburg refinery.
- 2018 RC14001® Management System certification
- 2008-2017: Responsible Care® Management System certification
- Inaugural Master Level member of KY EXCEL 2007 for Excellence in Environmental 领导
- 2018 Beacon Award for Water Conservation
- American Fuel and Petrochemical Manufacturers and the National 安全 Council safety and environmental performance awards
- 2012 Kentucky Northeast Region Business Conservation Partner of the Year
- 2012 Kentucky Manufacturer of the Year (large business category)
- Savage Branch Wildlife Reserve
- 2014 Kentucky 社区 and Technical College Benefactor Award
- 2017 Wildlife Habitat Council Formal Learning Project Award
At Marathon Petroleum, we know that community is important. It's why we do what we do every day. So, aside from fueling the Catlettsburg area, we also make it a priority to be actively involved in efforts that have a positive impact on the community. Listed below are some of the ways that we do just that.
- Local conservation and biodiversity education programs at our certified Wildlife Habitat Council site
- RT 23 Highway Cleanup
- 社区 Advisory Panel
- Mutual aid and fire drills with local emergency responders
- 2007-present: Career Day for 2,500 area eighth-grade students
- Big Brothers Big Sisters, school-based mentoring program at Catlettsburg Elementary
- A.D. Lewis 社区 Center, mentoring programs for at risk youth
- Scholarships and internships for Ashland 社区 and Technical Applied Process Technology Program
- Honor Flight Kentucky, honoring veterans with a flight to Washington D.C. to visit their memorials
- United Way of the River Cities and largest fundraiser for United Way of Northeast Kentucky
- City of Ashland Repair Affair, minor home repairs for the elderly
- Chamber of Commerce: Boyd/Greenup County, Kentucky; Lawrence County, Ohio; and Huntington, 西维吉尼亚州, assisting with leadership initiatives and economic development opportunities